View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cartman 2000's Sven Co-op mapping contest. 

Do you whant a private mapping contest just for our community?
Poll ended at Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:42 pm
1.Yes 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
2.No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3.Maybe 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Cartman 2000's Sven Co-op mapping contest. 
★★★★

Well since the creators of SC are having THERE mapping contest, why don't we have our little private one?

(Edited by cartman-2000, the following are rules on the contest put together from posts in this thread.)

Rules of the contest.

Many of the guidelines would be the same as the mapping contest on the sc mod forums, create a unique map that is enjoyable to play. As this is a co-op mod having co-op elements in your map is "highly" encouraged as well. One entry per person, can be a single map or a series of maps(If your making a series, it must be a series, multiple maps with no relation to the other maps won't be accepted.). Other things that are encouraged but aren't explicitly required is the usage of custom content, like models, sounds, skyboxes, sprites and textures, but using them can make it more likely that your map will win, if you use them correctly. If your using models, sounds, etc files made by other people give them credit as well.

The judges would be me, foxid, myo, GTR, not sure about maskan, he hasn't been on much lately. As it would likely be just the 4 of us make sure the map you submit will play well with around 4-6 players, without xp mod.

For judging the maps, I could use my models server, as it would be better to judge maps without xp mod running on the server. The server would be locked out for non admins when the maps are being judged on.

As for submitting the final map packages, you can send them to me on xfire, also make sure your packages are setup with the proper directory structure, proper res file and proper file cases(My fast dl is hosted on a Linux box, file names and directory names are case sensitive.). Make sure your map packages aren't cluttered with unnecessary/unused files as well before sending them to me. Maps must run stable as well, if they crash the server when they are being judged and it isn't some random crash but a reproducible one, your map will get marked down a little to a lot depending on severity of the maps instability.

Final dead line will be 11:59pm PDT(Pacific Daylight Time.), 09/25/09, anything past this won't be accepted. You can submit your maps up to a week before the final deadline.

Rewards.

Rewards will be given in the form of levels on the server, 150 levels to the first place winner, if we get enough people entering the contest, like 5-6 or more people, then a second and third place reward will be given too, 90 levels for 2nd place , and 50 levels for 3rd place.

PM me if your going to enter into the contest.

Last edited by cartman-2000 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Global announced.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:42 pm
★★★★★

aight i'll put eoahr in this one
i'm thinking about using it in the official sven coop one
but copyrights for the music is the only thing telling me not to

Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:59 pm
★★★★

Alright, I suppose i'll make up some rules.

First things first, the reward.....I don't know? Cartman maybe you can reward 50 levels on the server? Let him decide on that one.

The judges: I would like all the admins of the server to be the judges but let them decide.

Rules:1.You have a deadline on 07/25/09 to finish your map.
2.Try and avoid an errenous map. (Example:Invalide solid structures, high entity count,etc)

Thats all I can think of for now for the rules.

Requirments: Make your map fun and interesting.

Optional: Custom content

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:15 pm
★★★★★

dude that gives us only about a month to work
idk about you but i've spent months on a very small, compared to other maps like wtf and secretcity2, only to make a map
that i don't even know if it will be fun
plus it takes more than a month to make sure everything works and testing and bugs
its much longer
plus the official bug tested version won't be released until about 2 months from now
i'm only releasing the beta for about a month or two for testing and bug checking
so how about like 8/25/09
thats ample amount of time for a farely ok map

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:21 pm
★★★★

Blast to 08/25/09 lets make it 09/25/09. Is that a good amount of time?

Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:25 pm
Site Admin

If you exactly made the deadline 2 months as in 8/22/09, that would put it on my birthday lol, 3 might be better so something like 9/27/09(that would put the deadline on a Sunday.) or Friday 9/25/09.

I could give 150 levels to the winner, if there's enough people in it then there could be a 2nd and 3rd place as well, with like 90 for 2nd and 50 levels for 3rd.

Usage custom stuff like custom textures would be encouraged over using the basic half-life content.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:17 pm
★★★★

I like your rules better, ok its decided.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:25 pm
Site Admin

PM me if your going to enter into the contest.

Many of the guidelines would be the same as the mapping contest on the sc mod forums, create a unique map that is enjoyable to play. As this is a co-op mod having co-op elements in your map is "highly" encouraged as well. One entry per person, can be a single map or a series of maps(If your making a series, it must be a series, multiple maps with no relation to the other maps won't be accepted.).

The judges would be me, foxid, myo, GTR, not sure about maskan, he hasn't been on much lately. As it would likely be just the 4 of us make sure the map you submit will play well with around 4-6 players, without xp mod.

For judging the maps, I could use my models server, as it would be better to judge maps without xp mod running on the server. The server would be locked out for non admins when the maps are being judged on.

As for submitting the final map packages, you can send them to me on xfire, also make sure your packages are setup with the proper directory structure, proper res file and proper file cases(My fast dl is hosted on a Linux box, file names and directory names are case sensitive.). Make sure your map packages aren't cluttered with unnecessary/unused files as well before sending them to me.

Final dead line will be 11:59pm PDT(Pacific Daylight Time.), 09/25/09, anything past this won't be accepted. You can submit your maps up to a week before the final deadline.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:41 am
★★★★★

Sounds fun, a great way for people to play sven again.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:48 pm
★★★★★

I definitely would like to do it, but I don't know anything about mapping so no point in me trying :(

Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:01 pm
★★★★★

why so serious? about that?
wow
i just failed so bad right there

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:47 pm
★★★★

Hmmm... the point of this contest... I'd say its ok.
I wouldn't enter though, i have very little experience in hammer and im no detailer.
I'd save the contest untill this new version of SCXPM comes out... I think this dude will be releasing it when he is finished.. no, it is not Silencer who I am talking about.

Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:13 am
Site Admin

2 Days left, it's the 23rd...

Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:44 pm
Site Admin

last day.

Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:00 pm
Site Admin

Looks like this mapping contest is an utter failure as no one submitted anything...

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next