View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 It's all BS. 
★★★★★

WarRock official website, for those that don't know: http://warrock.gamersfirst.com/index.php

They say this game is like a free copy of BF2. In fact, this game could become even MORE like BF2 if it stopped existing!

The first day: I heard of this game from a friend, and decided to give it a try. What he didn't tell me is that this game is more like a poorly thought-out cash vacuum than anything else. After the tedious account registration, and hours of patching, it took me a further 15 minutes just to log in because of some obscure reason that I don't remember. After finally clawing my way into the main menu I find a game in progress and join it. It takes so long to load the stage that by the time I join, the last round is already in progress. While everyone heads back to the lobby, I am treated to a black screen instead. When I finally make it back to the lobby a minute behind everybody else, the others have kicked me out. Thinking this was a one time deal, because my internet connection definitely DOES NOT suck, I entered another game in progress. I choose the sniper class with an AUG in hand, and get ready to own. Right after I spawn, the first thought that came to my mind was: "Where the hell are my crosshairs?!" Well, that wasn't such a huge deal really, since I've done my share of no-scoping in other FPS's. But it was unrealistic. I take my first 10 steps out the spawn only to get shot by a spawn camper, ending the round. Ugh. Spawn camping is a huge "strategy" in this game, apparently. Now, being a camper myself I know that people like them enjoy free kills. But really, is a little spawn invulnerability too much to ask for? That aside, I get ready for another round. In the end of the round, it boils down to me versus a Medic. I get the drop on the Medic, and start shooting her, but suddenly I freeze up for like, 5 seconds, so the Medic kills me instead. "WTH???" was everybody's comment. After that, I get kicked again.
The second day: It wasn't really lag as much as no-lives walking around with premium weapons. By this time I realized that the only things you could really do for free in this game are downloading the game, and dying in the game. Nope, to actually kill someone you need to stick some money in GamersFirst's huge pockets first.

There are so many things wrong with this game. A list of them has been compiled for your convenience.
1. This game takes the meaning of free-to-play, beats it, beats it again, pushes it up against a wall, beats it more, and then leaves it in a back alley to die. Why is this? Lets see.

-A new user that hasn't paid a cent could buy a couple of neat things from the in-game store: I was able to buy an M4 and an AUG for my assualt and sniper classes at the start. Not bad.
-A new user that has paid through the nose for this game: Trick your Medic out with the ability to carry an MP7, a P90, an MP5K, Medical Boxes, a normal medkit and an improved medkit today! (And that's just one of the classes.)

This totals to $30+ a month, plus the cost of buying the retail version of the game. ($20)
---Gets to create a room with access to every map! Yay! All we free users get to do is start CQB maps, while members get all the fun maps with vehicles in em. It's like having every F-15 in the world become coin-operated. Oops! You've ran out of time in this F-15. Sorry, we're shutting off the engines now.
---Gets to actually rename the room.
---Gets 55000 Dinar (In-game currency) a month.
---Can bypass level restrictions on buying guns. That's right.
---Can buy almost every gun in the game using the website's "marketplace" instead.
---Some stupid s*** called Px lets you bypass most hurdles that free users have to climb around:
-----Medics can buy a Medic Box to carry alongside their improved Medkit and normal Medkit, meaning that if they use it all on themselves, they can have almost 1000% health.
-----All classes can buy Bandages to stop bleeding out. Normally, after you take 50% damage you start to bleed out and constantly lose health unless a Medic comes with her medkit or unless you step on one of those effing Medic Boxes. Not with the Bandages though!
-----All classes can buy additional magazine capacity for all their weapons.
-----Engineers get to drop ammo for themselves and others.
---Gets "Priority" customer service! Yay!
---Gets to carry around 2-3 primary weapons.
---Gets to actually use in-game voice chat.

2. This game is centered more around taking your money than on realism. If WarRock was any depiction of real combat, our soldiers today could:
---Roll around on the ground looking like total idiots.
---Say "Medic!!" after they've died.
---Pay $30 a month to gain the ability to take on entire regiments at a time.
---Instantly switch from the driver seat to the gunner seat in a Humvee.
---Survive a direct hit from an Anti-Tank rifle.
---Carry around 3 primary weapons without a noticeable speed drop.
---Operate at 3 Frames per Second.

3. Did I mention this game lags to no end??? What the hell is wrong with K2's servers? On my best days, I only got kicked out of games 1 out of 2 times.

-----

If you want a good modern combat game with vehicles in it, get BF2. It's only like, $20 nowadays, or you could just wait for BF: Heroes. If you want to be successful at all in this game, you're going to have to pay for 1 and a half copies of BF2 every month. Really, skill almost doesn't matter in this game; the person who comes out on top is almost always the person who paid the most (or, wasted the most in my opinion) for the game. If you really can't spare $20, try Combat Arms instead. It's got a cash shop, but comparing CA's cash shop to WR's cash shop is like comparing Wal-Mart to a specialty store. WarRock has done nothing to show that it is a game worth your time, because if it is not horribly unrealistic, cheesy, or laggy, it is for PAYING CUSTOMERS ONLY. Do you ever get reminded of those restrooms that have signs on them reading, "Paying customers only?" Pardon the lame comparison, but Combat Arms is like one of those restrooms. They could be free, or even cost you 1 or 2 bucks to get in. But if it ever comes to the day I'm going to have to pay $30 a month to use a restroom, somebody is getting a plunger in their face. Repeatedly.

-10/19/08

Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:15 pm
★★★★★

YOU KNOW WHATS F*CK*NG B*LL SH*T
MY NEW LOGO
-IMPLOGO
IS 20.3 KB'S
AND THE AVATAR IMAGE LIMIT IS 15KB'S
SO PISSED
AND I CAN'T MAKE IT SMALLER CUASE THAT WOULD REQUIRE ME TO REDUCE THE # OF FRAMES BUT I WANT THEM ALL

Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:32 am
★★★★★

[sarcasm]Thank you very much for posting a reply that was relevant to the topic.[/sarcasm]

Since you posted anyways, can I just suggest that you take out those frames at the end where the devil thing gets reduced to ashes? It looks like you're dying over and over again rather than being reincarnated or whatever you intended the avatar to show.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:42 pm
★★★★★

its an imp
from hexen
well it gets birthed and dies
then the gif restarts

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:14 pm
Site Admin

They should have an * next to there "free2play" thing and have it say not really. :)

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:07 am
★★★★★

Issue 3 finished! Rate it/leave comments if you'd like; I'm starting Issue 4.

Keep in mind it's a 1 man show on my end, there's probably going to be a ton of grammar screw-ups and stuff by the time I "finish" an issue.

Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:05 pm
★★★★

-={.n3wb$~un173d.}=- wrote:

3. Did I mention this game lags to no end??? What the hell is wrong with K2's servers? On my best days, I only got kicked out of games 1 out of 2 times.

If you want a good modern combat game with vehicles in it, get BF2. It's only like, $20 nowadays, or you could just wait for BF: Heroes.
-10/19/08

No, just get BF2. im a beta tester for BF heroes, its as balanced if the worlds heaviest man and a piece of paper were put on a scale

Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:39 pm
★★★★★

This stuff is moving over to my new blog, it wouldn't be right in a forum anyway.: cowpiecentral.blogspot.com

Off-topic: Lol, tell me what class you're referring to as "world's heaviest man", so I can use it when it comes out. =P

Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:44 pm
★★★★

The gunner, but he sucks, he just takes some damage.
The commando is mostly like a combo of the TF sniper and Spy, but sucks. The most i can hit with a sniper in the head is a 46.
and the soldier, or should i say the medic, is barley any use, hes weak, kinda fast, 100 hp, and can heal.

And the vechiles, controls are kinda sticky, and the planes are hell. Even in the tutorial it says "now its time to learn how to crash... i mean FLY a plane"

Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:22 pm
★★★★★

NinjaBunny wrote:
The gunner, but he sucks, he just takes some damage.
The commando is mostly like a combo of the TF sniper and Spy, but sucks. The most i can hit with a sniper in the head is a 46.
and the soldier, or should i say the medic, is barley any use, hes weak, kinda fast, 100 hp, and can heal.

And the vechiles, controls are kinda sticky, and the planes are hell. Even in the tutorial it says "now its time to learn how to crash... i mean FLY a plane"

If all the classes suck how is it unbalanced?

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:33 am
★★★★

Gunners take forever to kill, so they will usually own you before u can say WHAT THE FUCK!?

Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:22 pm
★★★★★

Nice bump?

Really.

Closed, the real thing is over at gourmetcowpies.blogspot.com

Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2