View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Reserved Slots and Admin 
Site Admin

I'm thinking about setting up a "pay for" reserved slot and admin thing on my server.

For reserved slots I was thinking of something like $3/mo for a reserved slot, and for admin something like $5/mo. It will be payable through paypal.
The money gained from this would go to the hosting of the site and fast DL(which can use 50-100gb of bandwidth a month.) and if I get enough admins, like 4-5 I'll be able to buy a 12 slot server, doing that will allow me to set a higher max rate on my server allowing me to boost the mic quality even further and it would fix some of the lag problems on certain maps.

No "random" players can sign up to be an admin, it'll have to be someone we know about and is a regular on the server. I'll post up later what I'd look for, for someone to be an admin.

Look at this thread before requesting admin.

you can post what you think about it in this thread.

[edit]
I think I'm going to drop the $5/mo thing for admin, I don't have enough players on my server atm for it to work.
[/edit]

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:30 am
★★★★★

Is there any way to create a type of user that has limited Administrator powers? Kind of like a moderator? They could be people that can't pay yet still would like to keep the peace on the server. They could be barred from using their powers when an Admin is on the server, but have a limited arsenal of powers to keep jerks at bay. (ie. kick for x amount of time, not ban, or slap for 0 damage only, etc.)

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:00 am
Site Admin

there isn't a way to have admin powers disabled when another admin gets on, to do that you would have to recode the admin plugin which I'm not experienced enough in coding to do. "kick for x amount of time" basically means ban for that amount of time, with ban access they'll be able to perm ban people, there's no way to set it without perm bans, with out the ability to ban they can only ban people through voteban which only last for 15 minutes.

for very basic admin you could do something like kick, slay, slap and teleport, no immunity, no reserved slot.

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:55 am
★★★★

I dont think people should pay if they are on the server regurlary(SP) a lot and trusted. Like myself, people are tight on money, especially in the US's economy, and can not afford games that are new and turn to old good games like TFC or HL. Just throwing in that idea.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:12 pm
★★★★★

i say 1 euro for admin and 2 euro's for both reserved
or $1 and $2 instead
the euro is worth more
think about it

Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:50 am
Site Admin

Admin will be more expensive then reserved slots since they'll get one too. because of paypals fees it's not good to set it to such a small amount, at $1 they'll take a third for the fee, they have like a 30 cent base fee plus a percentage of the amount of money in the transaction. The prices are in USD but paypal should automatically make the conversion to euro or what ever the currency is in your country, $5 won't be 5 euros.

And to what ninja bunny said... Are people really THAT tight on money that they can't afford to spend an extra $5 a month? Maybe if they are young they may not have much money, but I don't intend in giving admin to those who are younger then 16-18 years of age.

This is actually cheaper then some servers, I know that the hidden hq server will have you pay $5/mo for reserved and $10/mo for admin. Having the $5/mo for admin and having a few admins will allow me to buy a server and have it supported(money wise.) pretty much completely by the admins. While I've got my server working a best as possible on my own connection, there are limitations because it's running off of my connection. For one I can't increase the max rate of the server any further, since when the server is full the server can use up to 80% of my uploading bandwidth. Buying a server will allow me to increase it further, reducing lag from mics and laggy maps such as some of the tox maps and some of the sp maps and some others. But a 12 slot server will cost somewhere around 18-25 dollars a months to run and I already pay $10/mo for this webhost.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:19 pm
★★★★★

who hosts the server??? :?:

Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:33 pm
Site Admin

I do.

Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:11 pm
★★★★★

I know about how stingy PayPal is, if you go much lower than $5 transactions you don't really get much money for yourself :[

I plan on signing up for at least two months of admin as soon as I'm able.

I'm very curious about the admin plugin as well, Is it anything like Mani for source?

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:13 pm
★★★★

Maskan wrote:
I know about how stingy PayPal is, if you go much lower than $5 transactions you don't really get much money for yourself :[

I plan on signing up for at least two months of admin as soon as I'm able.

I'm very curious about the admin plugin as well, Is it anything like Mani for source?

You're right about the paypal thing.

The admin plugin is called AmxModX or just AMX mod. It is much more different than Mani. Instead of chat commands using the exclamation mark. AMX mod mostly relies on the console. There are commands such as amx_kick (name), which kicks the player, and also amx_ban (name) (minutes) OR amx_ban (minutes) (name) for the newer AMX mod. There are also other commands which allow you to mess with the players but I'd be typing a whole list if I were to tell you xD. Oh and also, welcome to the forums and the server.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:29 pm
Site Admin

amxx has a menu thing like mani but there aren't as many features right of the bat(freshly installed plugin) with amxx as there is with mani but amxx is like sourcemod in that it can run plugins.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm
★★★★

where can one go to pay the money on the site? :?: :look:

Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:36 pm
★★★★★

I'm a regular on the server, but I haven't ever seen the server full. Still, could be nice having my own slot... I'll have to think about it. 3 dollars a month doesn't seem like much, but that's $36 a year.

I think I'd prefer to just donate.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]