View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How to use MULTIMANAGERS!!!! 
★★★★

Ever create a map where you wanted to have multiple things happening at once, but a shit load of triggers were a pain to make? That's what multi_managers are for.

Alright, spawn a "multi_manager" entity and go into properties and notice there's only "name" well, give it a name and turn smartedit off by clicking on that smartedit button you see to your right. Now you will see(to the left) one box that says "Key" and below that is a box that says "Value." Let me explain, "Key" is the name of the entity that it will target and "Value" is the delay(in seconds) it will be triggered.

Now lets say you want multiple scientists to do a scene but don't want to create a lot of triggers for it. Spawn a scientist and a scripted_sequence, then set up your scripted_sequence, now have the scripted sequence target the multi_manager(for example mine is "multi") then create just 1 trigger once and name the trigger and have it target the multi_manager as well.

Go into the multi_manager's propeties(with smartedit off) and click "add" then a box will appear saying "new Key Value" well for the key type in the name of the scripted_sequence and set a value of .001(Note:putting 0 will causs it to get fucked up and .001 will pretty much activate it instantaneously). Then press "ok" and that should make it work for the first scripted_sequence. Now for the second one.

The second one is pretty much set up the same as the first one only make sure the scripted_sequence is targeting a totally new scientist,etc,etc,etc. But when you come to the point to set it up with the multi_manager, input the name and value of .001.

I will include the rmf of what I did.

Attachment:
multimanagertest.zip [9.8 KiB]
Downloaded 411 times

Thats pretty much it, if it doesnt work post a reply. You can do feedback idc.
:look:

Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:41 pm
Site Admin

I've made a couple of pics showing how to use multi managers.

Follow the bottom note in the image first then the top one.

Pretty self explanitory, but try to keep the number of entity names listed in there below 10, multimanagers can work incorrectly if you get to many listed in one multi_manager entity, if you need another multi_manager you can target it in the current one.

To the post above, I've never really had a problem using 0 for the execution wait time in multi_manager entities, I use it in impcnrd's end of all hope map to play the ambient generic entities and using 0 works fine in that.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]