View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Promotional Video 
★★★★★

So i just saw a video from a fellow that really loves his minecraft server. He loved it so much he created a fairly exceptional video detailing each and every aspect that makes his server unique. I'm talking badass stuff, like extreme buildings, mods, website, plugins, the whole enchilada. And i thought to my self, what make his server so much better than ours, right? our server has the potential to be one of the biggest ones on the internet! it just needs some... advertisement. And i was wondering if anyone would like to help out, or give me a few pointers in making a promotional video for the minecraft server (and possibly all the servers)?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1634
A one-button grenade throwing script for Sven Co-op, made by me:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1646

Sun May 01, 2011 8:40 pm
★★★★

do you really want to see constant "server full" messages when attempting to connect? Server seems pretty fantastic as is. Promotion wouldn't be all bad I just wouldn't want the sever flooded with noob griefers.

I'm willing to help out if needed

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:04 am
★★★★

phishy i thought you where already shooting a video.

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:57 am
Site Admin

well with the whitelist forum it keeps some of the griefers away(not all of them, but those that don't want to make an effort at griefing a server.), as they have to register and post a whitelist thread to get added. There is a reserved slots plugin on the server at the moment, and if I can get a better connection I'd be able to support more players on the server, upto 10-15 without upgrading the ram on the comp it's running on(the comp itself should be able to support 20-30 people with the processing power it has.).

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:49 pm
★★★★★

well, i know i already have a reserved slot on all the servers, so i currently don't have to worry about that. as for the geifers part, as soon as a posted this post, i thought the same thing, which is why i held off on making it till i got more opinions on it. and getting a reserved slot is easy, just $15 and boom, never have to worry about that anymore. when you think about it its not that much, considering all that cartman has done for us, with the servers and plugins and all. i would gladly donate more, even though i already got all the benefits i CAN get from donating. also making videos on all the servers would just benefit us even more. more players = more fun for us + more of a chance at people wanting to donate + more people for Goldfinger to spam his "YEAH"s at.

And, in the words of Barney Calhound: "I'm gonna need all the help I can get! AW CRAP, INCOMING!!"

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1646

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:45 pm
Site Admin

I guess I don't mind if someone wants to make a video of the stuff on the server, couldn't really do it my self as I don't have a large enough chunk of hd space left for recording videos, and I don't have fraps installed at the moment.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:45 pm
★★★★

Boylag, I have no clue why you'd think I was already shooting a video lol. I'm willing to do some, I'll grab a copy of frapps and record some stuff from my home desktop where I can run it with all the pretty settings at high.

Any thoughts as to what we'd want in it? format?

I'm thinking along the lines of other ones I've seen, a little showcase of what to expect on the server, some clips of some of the epic stuff people have built over the several worlds we now have access to. I would be sweet to include the most active users, well, any users really, in some "action shots" of some of the sites in the world.

Something I've been toying with that would compliment this video is pixel art. I've goofed around using MCedit in offline mode, but as of yet haven't done anything in the world. I would like to, in honor of our host, create a massive pixel art image of cartman, a simple head shot from southpark wouldn't be that difficult at all, we have access to all the colors needed through dyed wool. I'll try to break down an image into pixel art in my spare time and start making it somewhere.

P.S. I do intend to donate at some point but I'm still paying off student loans so it honestly is hard to spare any cash, I'm surprised i could justify buying minecraft in the first place!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:37 am
Site Admin

^yes.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:18 pm
★★★★

Hey Supercoke,

Although I am REALLY new to this server, I am not new to minecraft. I also love shooting video's. If you'd like some help shooting it, or just want some techniques on shooting, or anything like that id be more than happy to help.
I really enjoy working with others on projects like this, almost as much as I enjoy playing minecraft. I'm a nice guy and I don't bite often.
I hope to see you all on the server in the future!

- Wetcookie

Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:35 am
★★★★★

I don't really play much on the minecraft server anymore.
You might want to hit up a few others like Phishy and Dragon and see if they are willing to put the time into it.
Once you have the video footage taken, however, I would be more than happy to make the major edits and make it a worthwhile publish. Of course I wouldn't take much credit for it, but still would let me be able to help out without actually helping out.
If there has been a few active players on the server you think would be capable of co-operation and teamwork to get this going, I might consider stepping foot into the server to lend a hand.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1646

Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:22 am
★★★★

I'm not to sure if any effort was actually put into this so far or not, but I was thinking I could fly around the server soon, and record some cinematic shots, then throw it together to see what comes out. If anyone has any suggestions for it, just post a reply.

- Wetcookie

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:17 pm
★★★★★

i have a recording program im able to do it no problem the only thing is it cant record sounds witch im still trying to figure out

Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:55 am
Profile YIM
★★★★

Is the video high quality?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:19 am
★★★★★

you quality is ok take a look at it your self
[youtube]http://youtu.be/LNKdNdarj5I[/youtube]
like if you like

im working right now on the Video for the Server all ready took a look at a few places in Nether , World V2, world and Skylands you mite se your work of art in this video.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:22 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Fraps should be able to record the games audio. Other than that you should be able to get a recording app to record sound by setting the recording devices, in vista and 7, to the "what you hear" device, although you won't be able to use your mic in games when it is set like that.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next