View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 So I play guitar too 
★★★★

Some of you might have heard me talking about my guitars, figured I might as well post up a vid. Just a still frame of my current EPIC vintage amp and Strat, the audio was just me goofing around laying a backing track down on my 4 track recording, then warming up the strings over top, ran out of batteries right at the end too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=DuhZfVAe-2k

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:39 am
★★★★★

OMG phishy that sounds amazing!!! That's so cool I had no idea you played guitar!

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:26 pm
★★★★

I'm a man of mystery and many talents :D

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 am
★★★★

I have retarded fingers xD and can't play a guitar lol,
phisy your the man :3

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:50 am
★★★★★

You play better then I do (And I only have an acoustic)

Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:40 am
★★★★

I started with only an acoustic. That has now spawned into 2 acoustics, 3 electrics, and way too much money in amps and effects pedals.

The best thing a guitar player can do is start with acoustic then switch over to electric, it's like playing butter if you learned on acoustic.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 am
★★★★

I've been thinking about picking up guitar......"picks up a rock band guitar" I did it! :D

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:36 am
★★★★

Pffft, the worst thing i did for my guitar playing was buy guitar hero / rockband. Used as strictly a warm up finger exercise it's fine, but the simplicity of just smashing buttons turned my skills to crap, took months to get it back.

Now this new game "rock smith" allows you to use a REAL guitar, that seems interesting.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:38 am
★★★★

Yeah, my friend has it, he says it's great because he can keep up his skills and still play a bunch of songs.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:37 am
★★★★

Wow thats awesome Phish.

I took some guitar in high school, only thing i was able to play through was ..the horse with no name and the M.A.S.H theme song. LOL

I really wanted to take keyboard/piano..but class was full. :cry:

You should come up with a theme song for cartman's server! lol we could all rock to it.

Kia <3

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 am
★★★★

i always assumed the theme would be that from southpark ;) That or that "Oh Mandy" song:

Oh cartman, you came and you built us a sever, oh cartman lol

Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:58 am
★★★★

LOL, heck yeah

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:01 am
★★★★★

Phishy Phishy look! My dad was into guitars so I thought I'd post ours...or at least his one good one from his fish/music room. He actually remade his music room upstairs and moved out all of his speakers. Also he would sometimes forget to turn the water off when filling his fishtanks and the water would overflow >.> Anyways we have 2 acoustic...one's my mom's and one's my dad's and then my dad has two electric guitars, his pride and joy being his Gibson Les Paul (I think he got it in 72'). I mostly mess with the acoustic guitars because I don't like messing with wires and cables and pedals and amps and all that annoying stuff :P Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten how to play the one song I learned from youtube >.> and I can't tune my E string to D...the tuner gets all funky and the meter goes all over the place >.<

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:07 pm
★★★★

That's a really nice looking Les Paul, and if it's from the 70s issues, it's probably worth more now than it was then depending on the conditions.

tuning to drop D, which is what I assume you are talking about, tuning the top big phat string down from E to D. Most tuners should handle that fine unless you have to manually specify the key you are tuning to, as if it expects E and is set to "auto" once you get towards D the meter will go nutz saying you are too flat.

anyways, in that last picture there is an electric guitar on the floor. I have no idea what that is, but it's the same electric my roommate had stolen. Actually a funny story:

We're living in a craphole of a "town" going to college. We're all broke so we get a bunch of people together and rent a huge house, which we later had condemned by the city and torn down..... anyways, my roommate and I moved in and shared what was a huge living room as our bedroom. We had lived together for about a year before that place and had formed a small band, he sang and played guitar, mandolin, hand drums etc, and I played guitar mostly lead. He had an acoustic, a very expensive custom acoustic electric (acoustic with a electric patch output for amps) and that vintage electric he was having refinished (the one in your picture.) At the time I only had 1 acoustic, my first, and my first electric.

So I come home one day from class and grab some *stuff* to take over to my buddies place, which was literally the building next door. We hang out for a bit, run out of *stuff* and I go back to my place to get more. When I look, it's gone. As is my rent money, my super nintendo, my electric guitar and amp (that I brought back from new york myself) my roommates cheap acoustic and his vintage electric.

Being a craphole of a town, and being in the, erm, profession, that I was in to pay for college, I had various connections in the seedy elements of the town. I attempted to recruit some friends for backup but they declined saying I'd never get it back so why bother. So I filed the police report and went through THAT whole ordeal and told the cop who I thought was involved and that they better hope the police find them before I do. the officer told me in no uncertain terms, he did not want to have to come arrest me.

Long story short, me and my tire iron went on a rampage looking for those I was sure were involved. Of course, by the time I caught up with them they had already sold the stuff to a local drug dealer. 1 guy through a window at the local hotdog stand, and a nice large hole in the wall at the other guys apartment building, and wouldn't you know it, the next morning my guitar, and my roomates electric guitar, just showed up on the front porch out of the blue.

Here's my favorite part of this story. One of the guys who did this was a cousin of one of the girls living at the house, and him and his friend did this to get enough cash to move out west and get away from the people they owed A LOT of money to. Anyways, his cousin relayed this message, oh, a year after we were done college.

Shortly after making it out west, I believe to Calgary, douchebag A is somewhere on a payphone talking to his mother explaining where he is and how he's broke and has no where to go. That's when a huge native (canadian india) literally knocked him out and stole his coat and shoes. Seriously.

From that point on I decided to keep that guitar forever as the story deserves to be told alone, and also I believe firmly in Karma.

So you reap, so shall you sow

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:50 am
★★★★★

Phishy......I luv you xD

Also, you're right about the tuner, it has a little switch that you move from E to e so you can tune each chord, I figured that was the problem but I'm pretty sure I did it without too much trouble a while back when I first learned the song. Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten how to read tabs (I thought I remembered how but when I looked at the guitar and tabs I knew it was all wrong) and I can't find the youtube video I learned it from so it's probably forever lost to me lol. And the Les Paul is in excellent condition...I'll be damned if there's a fingerprint on it xD

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next