View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Anyone else hate anime? 
★★★★★

so what everyone is saying
naruto was crappy
gundam sucked
and dbz was pretty good - i think so too - but only the games now
speaking of dbz
have you guys heard of dragon ball evolution
its a really crappy live action movie - extremely not based off of dragon ball-
the screen play was written by some black guy in the U.S. (this was not racist so don't ban or call me out for some fucking retared reason, becasue it WAS written by some black guy)(NOT THAT IT MAKES THE SCREENPLAY BAD, JUST THROWING THE INFO OUT THERE)
oh yeah, btw
the movie sucked
i watched it online
and thats the only place anybody should EVAR watch it

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:44 pm
★★★★

Yeah, me and my brother watched the new Dragonball movie just to laugh at it. it was FUCKING TERRIBLE.

As for my opnion, the only manga ive liked (like anime comic books) is Orphan (i think that is what it was called) and the only anime ive liked was Get Backers, some anime never released in america but i watched some of it translated.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:30 pm
★★★★★

That movie destroys Dragon Ball. That movie steps all over my childhood memories :x

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:53 pm
★★★★

impcnrd wrote:
so what everyone is saying
naruto was crappy
gundam sucked
and dbz was pretty good - i think so too - but only the games now
speaking of dbz
have you guys heard of dragon ball evolution
its a really crappy live action movie - extremely not based off of dragon ball-
the screen play was written by some black guy in the U.S. (this was not racist so don't ban or call me out for some fucking retared reason, becasue it WAS written by some black guy)(NOT THAT IT MAKES THE SCREENPLAY BAD, JUST THROWING THE INFO OUT THERE)
oh yeah, btw
the movie sucked
i watched it online
and thats the only place anybody should EVAR watch it

Thats proof that SOME people, and I'm not saying black people, cannot right good movie scripts. I think the director was on crack to accept that bull****. Next in line from DBZ, I think I'd say Bleach. Then I switched over to Code Geass

Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:29 pm
Site Admin

lol, I think this is the longest thread in this forum...

On topic...

As I get older type of anime I'm starting to like more is the seinen type(anime for guys, like 16-18+, usually has more complex and realistic story lines to them.) then shounen type(anime for boy's, like less then 16-18.). bleach, naruto, db&dbz are all shounen type animes. An ex. of a seinen anime would be the chobits anime.

As for bleace and naruto, I usually go back and forth between the two if there's something I don't like in either one, usually filler or some part of the story I don't like, the manga's for both are currently better then there shows are(You don't have to deal with filler content, although the chapters are very short, 17-19 pages per chapter, it only takes me like 3 minutes or so to go through one of them.).

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:52 pm
★★★★★

True, I don't really care for the bleach show anymore I just read the manga online.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:20 pm
★★★★

I haven't watched any of those animes in a long time. Only one I've seen lately is Code Geass, and thats much shounen.

But even if anime is shounen, girls will always make the damn pairs, make the tribute videos, etc..
Even my friend that moved away sort of does that, just probably doesn't add videos to youtube or anything because... well... she is always on Gaia Online - Online Hangout.
And she says she is missing me, blah blah blah blah...
Anyways, with this generation, anime might become the dominant type of show seen on tv, though I know, not for a fact, but for an opinion, american TV show producers for sure wouldn't like anime, or manga, and then more reality/drama/action tv shows will produce, but in Japan and China or something, I'm pretty sure, might not, anime and manga have dominated most TV in their country, since it has started in those countries. It hasn't hit my home though, the Phillipines, because by just watching the Filipino channel, there is only these shows:
1. Drama
2. Game Shows
3. Competition Shows
So thats pretty much it.
....this may have been the longest post I have ever posted.

Also, I think Code Geass takes a little of the two, mixing shounen and shoujo, but not really balanced. Most of it is more fighting sci-fi and shit, while the rest of it adds a little love between characters...blah blah blah.....glad I'm not some anime addict anymore...I'm a computer addict! Hahaha!

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:12 pm
★★★★★

I only watched one episode of Code Geass and never saw it again. If the main character looks something like that lol I'm not gonna bother with it sorry. TV isn't really worth watching anymore unless its the Discovery or History Channel in my opinion.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:06 pm
★★★★★

Myo wrote:
I only watched one episode of Code Geass and never saw it again. If the main character looks something like that lol I'm not gonna bother with it sorry. TV isn't really worth watching anymore unless its the Discovery or History Channel in my opinion.

amen brother
although i toon in to south park

Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3