View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 New computer =) 
★★★★★

Well since the HP computer has shit its self enough we were able to get a replacement laptop. I can play again :D . This computer is another Asus, its basically the same as mine but different design and about 40 gigs of more memory. Ill temporarily be using this until mine comes back from repairs.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:34 pm
★★★★★

You should look into building your own - it's not really that hard, and very satisfying once you get everything working right. The hardest part (for me, anyway) was getting the OS installed, updated and running properly. It's also nice not getting all the pre-bundled crap that manufacturers throw in.

BTW, good to see you're back up and running ;)

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:30 am
★★★★★

Yeah I always wanted to make my own but I need a laptop because of the college life. I gotta take this thing around quite a bit. :?

Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:58 pm
★★★★★

sucks how you have to redownload everything

Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:18 pm
Site Admin

Myo wrote:
Yeah I always wanted to make my own but I need a laptop because of the college life. I gotta take this thing around quite a bit. :?

You could have one for the house at least, I have a laptop, but I don't use it for gaming.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:36 pm
★★★★★

Yeah, next thing to do would be to make one. The thing is this is a replacement computer for a previous crappy HP laptop. My brother would be the one to make the computer though, I'm not very computer smart.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:50 pm
★★★★★

I have no experience with HP laptops, but I own an HP desktop that gave me absolutely no hardware issues - ever. I still have it, which is about 6 years old and will run SC4 decently. My current PC is a home-built with drives from another HP desktop :D I didn't do the original build, but I helped the guy do it. A few years later, I acquired it and about a year after that, something totally messed up the hard drive so I had to reinstall the OS. The HD itself is sound, so I think it was the underpowered PSU that may have caused the failure (upgraded it, no problems).

BTW, if you ever have a non-booting HD and have info on it that you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO RETRIEVE BEFORE FORMATTING, look into a Linux-based boot CD - I was able to save ALL of my pictures, videos, etc with a Puppy Linux boot CD (and a couple of flash-drives) before I re-formatted the HD. Probably won't work for mechanical failures, though.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:14 pm
★★★★★

The HP laptop my brother used to own after it screwed up 4 times under the warranty, it maybe because that HP was a special edition, the out of the 4 times it screwed up was twice for the motherboard, once for the back light screen not turning on, and the last mess up was the wifi switch that didn't work.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]