View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Mastersword: Continued 
★★★★

Well, since I'm starting to see a few members from here starting to play MSC, guess I'll just show you guys right now.

Mastersword: Continued
a Half-life 1 mod, and sequal to Mastersword.
Mastersword Continued Video by Dridje(Mapmaker for MSC
Venturous lands and dangerous monsters, an adventure's true love. Battle bandits, goblins, rats, boars, bats, skeletons, ogres, trolls, orcs, spiders, elemental creatures, and more, while the true heart of evil hides in an haunted forest. Save an outpost from being overrun! Go back in time and save the town of Helena, invaded by waves of orcs! Stop the evil Maldora from becoming the bringer of doom!
Guess thats all I can say now.. probably the worst description i have ever made. Anyways next...
The current people playing from this forum would be..
the alien
Ry-Man
impcnrd
NinjaVayne

Hope to see you guys play it also, have fun leveling!

Note: Since word of the changes in the new update have spread, some players in MSC may start quitting because of the devs starting to ruin the trade system(where it was just drop something and let someone pick it up and waiting 10 seconds for transfer/trade to confirm), and disabling the point of storage characters. Last I heard of the trade system, it was going to be like the one on Runescape.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:38 am
★★★★★

i thought they were only doing that for rare items?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:59 am
★★★★★

I'm gonna try this mod out, is it still for HL1 or have they changed it to HL2?

Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:20 pm
★★★★★

its dev for source
and lets update stats
im lvl 19 fencer
best weapons spider blade thunderaxe-one more lvl w00t- ice blade perfect hugger and finely crafted knife (one more lvl too)
then golden armour
rebuke fire ball rat/undead summon. i had a pet wolf but it died X(....

Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:21 pm
★★★★

MAN THIS IS A FORUM FOR A FPS MOD NOT A RPG MOD. Don't ask why, but i have a special hate for RPG's.

Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:24 pm
★★★★

Then don't flame, just ignore it.
MSC is for hl1, the source is still being developed.

Source probably wont be out till next year or so.

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:08 am
★★★★

Well, and theres the fact that i hated it. Every game i give about an hour to impress me, and MS:C failed to do so

Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:00 am
★★★★★

Wow... there's so much it leaves you to learn on your on, and it's so hard to kill anything over a wild boar for the first hour of the game. And then I went up to a merchant and bought a short sword, the sheaths he was selling were self explanatory so I bought one of those. I never noticed the "this merchant's equipment requires proficiency 3, 6, 9, 12" notice so I was stuck trying to level swordsmanship proficiency to 3 with a minimum hit chance of 82. Ugh...

and I still don't know who to give the lumber sample to.

tl'dr MSC needs a better tutorial and a quest log.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:50 am
★★★★

I agree, they need to work on the quest concept more, to the point where it's actually usefull to do.THEY also need to add more quests, quests in MSC are rare to come by. Not to mention you get didly fuck for doing them, I killed a Kodiak(Tough Bear) and only got 50 Gold froma gay Elf. They should add more weapons, armor, spells, etc to MSC because since I said you get didly fuck for them, you could get a decent weapon or spell scroll.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:47 pm
★★★★

-={.n3wb$~un173d.}=- wrote:
Wow... there's so much it leaves you to learn on your on, and it's so hard to kill anything over a wild boar for the first hour of the game. And then I went up to a merchant and bought a short sword, the sheaths he was selling were self explanatory so I bought one of those. I never noticed the "this merchant's equipment requires proficiency 3, 6, 9, 12" notice so I was stuck trying to level swordsmanship proficiency to 3 with a minimum hit chance of 82. Ugh...

and I still don't know who to give the lumber sample to.

tl'dr MSC needs a better tutorial and a quest log.

I know, not many noobs/starters know where to go in the beginning. They end up starting off on a high level map, or a low level, but a little higher than low level, map. Map of Choice for starting:
Chapel - Most Preferred, in my opinion. Orcs, Boars, Rats, Skeletons, Bats, Spiders, thats all there is to kill.
Edana - 2nd Preferred, only holds Guards with 13 xp but will own you badly if you're not strong enough, and contrains 3 respawning rats and boars.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:58 pm
★★★★

But as you get to a higher level it gets alot funner, youl be able to play amps you couldnt paly before, new weapons that you couldnt use, items, armor and more! :oops: Im 530+ HP, it took be atleast a month in a half to ge that far :/

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]