View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Modern Warfare 2 
★★★★★

General Thread

+ Who has it for the PS3?

Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:59 pm
★★★★★

PS3....? FAIL
X-box 360....? FAIL

PC all the way for first person shooters...

I've beaten the game twice all ready, once on normal and once on the hardest setting.

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:43 am
★★★★

i have it for 360 and i can not get enough of it. 360/PS3/PC...get over the fact you lose.

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:04 am
★★★★

Remember the Mac vs PC wars? Its just a advertising gimmick, but of course, MAC is the WORST that you will ever use. THEE, WORST.
But in Gaming consoles and PC, None of them win, except by some features conditionally. PC can download trainers and mods just like that. Xbox 360 you have to port it. PS3, the same thing.
Anyways, I dont have this, but my brother does, and.... it looks O K. Heard it was short though, and all its good for is Multiplayer.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:12 pm
Site Admin

some people like mac computers, but I don't as mac os doesn't have very good support for games(without using some emulator to run windows games.), other then some open gl ones like doom 3 and there hardware cost to much for me too.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:37 pm
★★★★

I Have a PS3 with MW2. Do you have Black-Ops? ^_^

Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:30 am
★★★★

I have world at war, the last CoD I purchased because of the rampant hacking and cheating, and their inability to actually stop it. MW2 was really good, not sure on t he console but the pc version was fun, but quite short. Black ops, same deal, great on pc, not so sure on console, If anyone has black ops on ps3 is it as laggy as some report?

Battlefield 3 is going to win out though.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 am
Site Admin

You do realize console hardware is getting outdated now(about 3-4 year old hardware), in terms of graphics power of current top of the line gfx cards for pc's compared to those in console are about 2-3 times faster and support dx11 where the old ones in consoles only support dx10. As such any mid range to high end pc now a days should outperform a console for the most part, that is if the ones that release console ports don't release horridly unoptimized ports for pc's, which some might do.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:12 pm
★★★★★

Direct X 11 and Crisis 2 on a PC with enhanced model pack is just, wow...

-Pencils miss spel words.
  -Cars make people drive drunk.
-Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:23 am
Site Admin

well some(only some...) developers try to either make a good port to the PC or making it for the PC as the main platform to run on, in which these games will probably look pretty good and perform well, Crytek has pretty much always developed for the PC market mainly.

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:43 am
★★★★

the problem with the PS3 is the cell processor. When a game developer makes a pc game, porting that to the xbox is painfully simple as the xbox is a standard mid to low range pc (todays standards). When it comes to the ps3, to actually utilize the power in the cell processor, you have to completely rework the title. This is why most multiplatform games are better on pc and 360 as the difference is tiny, it's still standard pc hardware. The game devs don't want to learn the cell processor, so they make half assed ports instead.

Games like infamous are only possible on the ps3 because of the cell processor, you simply couldn't pull it off on the 360. You surely could on a multicore desktop pc, but folks, not everyone has a quad core, or the same quad core, or the same ram with the same timings.

consoles are a good investment if you want to spend 600$ now, and not have to worry about upgrading it for a few years. Sony has a 10 year product life cycle, so the ps3 will still be going strong in a few years. Pcs are there for the enthusiast. Games will always look better on the pc, if you can afford it. My current desktop graphics card, which is now outdated, cost more than my ps3 250 gig. That doesn't even count the ram, processor, motherboard, or any other fancy parts. All told, my gaming rig (when I bought it) was mid to low high end and around 3 grand all in. Console? 500$ plus games. The real problem with consoles is the pace of PC hardware upgrades. A device designed to be a one stop box can't compete when new cards and cpus come out every 3 months.

When it comes to shooters, I do prefer the mouse and keyboard setup, as I grew up with it, and am much more accurate frag wise. But after sitting through a single player campaign in any FPs with the controller, it becomes just as good, if not better as you have a bunch of buttons close to you instead of fumbling for keyboard shortcuts. but really that is all just personal opinion.

Much like the 360 vs ps3 idiots. they are almost identical. some games look better on 360, some look better on ps3, but its so close it literally is up to your taste in controllers, oh, and if you want bluray support.

The next generation of consoles will perform roughly like high end desktops are right now, by the time you can preorder your ps3 or xbox 720, it will already be outpaced by desktops and even some laptops. Sony has decided to go the microsoft route and drop high end proprietary hardware for standard, off the shelf, pc hardware. Meaning it will be much cheaper for 1, and the developers already know how to code for the console so the bad ass ports should disappear for the most part.

the next few years should be amazing, by 2020 (even sooner by some estimates) laptops will have the processing power of the human brain. Real time raytracing and rasterization are being worked on, advances in quantum computing could change everything over night, leaping us years ahead of our current technology. And the entire time all this is happening, new materials are being used for processing, memory storage, etc. cheaper, lighter and smaller hardware is coming faster and faster.

Carmack might be right when he said all these new consoles will fail as peoples smartphones will have more power than them.

I'm almost finished brink on ps3 and with this title, the ps3 is showing it's age sorely. I seriously doubt I'll pick up BF3 for ps3, it simply can't play it and do it justice.

anyways, feel free to send a PSN invite to "phishybongwaters"

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 am
Site Admin

There's already been some ray tracing stuff going on in some games that people have modded to add it, it does require a high end processors to run it in real time as current graphics cards can't run ray tracing very well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtHDSG2wNho

I wouldn't be surprised if ati and nvidia are going to be working on natively supporting raytracing next on there cards(it can be done on current cards as far as I know but it probably wouldn't be as fast as it would be if it was supported natively on those cards.). They focused on mostly on shader features and power in dx8-dx10 cards and focused on upping geometry processing power in dx11 cards with the tessellation stuff. It'll probably be another year or 2 before thy bump dx up another version number and add more ray tracing abilities to the cards.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]