View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 What the f.. ? Chunk problems... 
★★★★★

I was building my sugarcane factory yesterday. I left it almost finished and go to sleep. Today i look at it, and see this...

Attachments:
File comment: Missing part of building located on diffrent chunks
2012-09-20_10.07.58.png
2012-09-20_10.07.58.png [ 428.22 KiB | Viewed 8079 times ]
Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:12 am
★★★★

I had some similar issues yesterday, I was playing from a different, and less reliable, network and had assumed it was isolated to me. It appears, from your screenshot, and what I experienced, that some chunks aren't updating. I spent a good hour or so working on one thing to have the entire circuit reset itself next time I joined, as well as making a massive building to have 90% of it revert to air while half of one chunk of it was still there.

No idea lol

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 am
★★★★

I think the same thing happened to Rob..he was working on the church in V2 and all his work was gone when he came back online the next day.

I'm not sure, but it might have something to do with Cartman resizing Cartsworld? He shrunk it down to the 3k again and moved objects inside the border. I know speen's place and the church aren't in Cartsworld, but that's the only thing I know of that happened recently.

Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:00 pm
Site Admin

that resizing wouldn't have anything to do with it, as it was done when the server was emptie. you might loose something if the server happens to crash, as it can from time to time.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:18 am
★★★★

Definately not resizing. I was in worldv2 and it happened a few times in a few different places, one of the events I repaired and the very same chunk reverted next time I came on. It hasn't happened since that day to anything I've built since.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:08 am
★★★★★

hello i have notice that its only happening on the multy player and we are not the only players its happening with i have been watching you tube and lots of ppl are having this problem they think it mite be a bug that the new upgrade has done like the sound being way off when pleasing blocks, so its noting we can fix cause it built in the game , we just need to wait till the new upgrade in october.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:36 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Updated the server, it might fix some of the problems with that and the crashing, but the wormhole plugin died again int he process so it might take a while before the stargates are working again.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]