View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 minecraft 1.6.4 
★★★★

Just a heads up

Server is updated to 1.6.4 and having some issues. When attempting to warp between worlds your first warp is hit or miss, no idea what world, or coordinates, you are going to land at. When you try the same warp again, you get there.

The other issue is lighting related and might be a bug with 1.6.4. When mining the blocks you take away do not light up the blocks behind them until you leave the server.

Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:26 am
Site Admin

The server is running 1.6.6, and there was a teleporting bug in bukkit that got fixed today within the past couple hours, there's still probably a few bugs lingering around from the update to the 1.6 versions, like maps not working correctly(and not supporting multiple worlds.)

teleporting bug fixed build of bukkit which I'm running with.
http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/819/

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:48 pm
★★★★

weird it's letting me on fine with 1.6.4. Actually, I can't even get 1.6.6 working at all, will not connect to minecraft.net

Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:48 am
Site Admin

1.6.6 has worked well for me. I don't think the client itself connects to minecraft.net(the server connects to verify you when connecting to the server.), but the launcher that does to log in and dl updates, are you using the old launcher, or the newer one.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:22 pm
★★★★

Totally weird. Here's the setup. From my home box I have both the old launcher (with 1.6.4) and it connects to the server fine. I go to the site and grab the 1.6.6 and launch it, get the fancy new window showing the changelog. logon to minecraft.net fine, get to the server fine.

Get to work, same setup but on a laptop, 1.6.4 works fine, 1.6.6 from in browser works fine, 1.6.6 stand alone can't connect to minecraft.net giving me "user is not premium" error when trying to connect to the server.

I'm on a government network at work and they've switched over to a new certificate authority, causing horrific "the identity of the certificate could not be verified" error, making me allow exceptions. I'm guessing this is what stops the 1.6.6 exe from working as it never asks me to confirm the exception, it just fails.

totally lame, but totally my work networks fault.

i'm still confused as to why 1.6.4 lets me on, so I assume there is no or minimal server differences from 1.6.4 to 1.6.6. Also the pc clock time hack still works in 1.6.6.

Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]