View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 New building methods that should replace original ones. 
★★★★

Well recently ive been looking at different videos for constructions and arquitectual builds and I made a big relazation that has blown my mind away. After all this time trying to find a way to un simplify my builds adding Structures that pop out of the house like this: Image Although it helps, it does not make much of a difference.

I finaly found out that the secret to in making a complex structure is to NEVER square a house from the beginning like this: Image

INSTEAD what you should do is zig-zag the edges of the house for that realistic feel to it, I know it sounds wayy to simple but it makes an insane difference a makes the decent go to great: Image

Look at the big difference it makes from just making a big square shape. It adds to that pop out feel to it when you percieve the structure.

I feel people should use this technique more, it really turns their constructions to the better if youre not that much of a builder. This is the ultimate pandora for building: Image

Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:12 am
★★★★

Well, not everyone makes square houses. I'm sure you've seen many buildings in the server that are not square. The possibilities of building in Minecraft is pretty much endless. If you can think it, you can build it. Maybe I should post some of the buildings of the server on the forum, so people can see the creativity of others...

Also, that last picture of the wood mansion, looks awesome! Of course, the texture pack of that pic, makes the roof look triangular, which again is amazing.

Kia

Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:05 am
★★★★

Of course, most of them are more squared still. I don't know, in my personal opinion this style of building can really achieve more things then just straight square building, it makes it look more like a real life complex structure. I made a simple house in an hour with this method and look how it ended up:

Attachment:
2012-08-03_18.08.02.png
2012-08-03_18.08.02.png [ 957.27 KiB | Viewed 5859 times ]

Notice it dosent nesesairly needs to be a super round monument, it still mantains a square like pattern but it has more eye candy then just plain square.

And yes kia post some of your builds and show some of the new people how you do those stuff, that would be great :)

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]