View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 The Nether 
★★★★

Soo, I noticed that we cant use flint and steel. I understand that this is an anti griefing measure but is there a way to open a gate to the warp without it?

Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:52 am
Site Admin

While the newer builds of bukkit do support multiworlds(eg. nether), I haven't seen a plugin that makes use of nether gates like in SP yet.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 pm
★★★★

Ok, yeah i was kind of wondering about it, with all the updates that minecraft its getting it makes it a pain to try and keep up on the servers. Also, how often does the google map get updated? I'm pretty sure where I am is off the map but I cant tell because it hasnt been updated.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:50 pm
Site Admin

It's gone from about once a day to once or twice a week, I have to pull the full map off of the server then upload it to my webhost for rendering, that can take an hour to both pull it off and upload it to the web host here, then anywhere from 6-18 hours to render, depending on how much of the map has been changed. The map in an archive is about 150mb in size, that has to be dl'ed from the server then uploaded to the webhost. The current chunk count in the world is around 53-56k chunks, it can take some time to render if it has to render a lot of them, the webhost only renders about 2-3 chunks per second, then after that it has to render some 300k tiles for the Google map thing(it's incremental here too, like the chunk rendering, but it can account for half of the rendering time.).

I've seen one plugin for the nether gate thing looking today, but it's a bit buggy at the moment, and could cause some lag when someone teleports from the normal world to nether, not to mention that it requires a build of bukkit that has some potential memory leaks that could cause the server to crash.

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:42 pm
★★★★

So I noticed that the nether is up and running, however, there are a few problems. the warp that you come in on is off in the nether. I would turn it on and have built a path up to it (its in the air) but im not an admin so i cant, also warps dont seem to work their either. you can get out because the spawn is next to a portal that is on but you have to die to get to it. anyways, I dont mean to sound like a whiner but if there was a way set up so that one could warp out of the nether or if the portal were turned on that would be great thanks.

Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:49 pm
Site Admin

You can do a /warp spawn to get back to spawn. warps to other worlds don't work if the world isn't loaded(which is the case after server restart.), multiworld support in bukkit still needs some more coding done to it, like to automatically load your other worlds on server start if you have them. This is also the reason why you load in the default world after a server restart, because the world you were in isn't loaded, this can lead to your death if you were at a high elevation.

The gate that is in the air in nether had all the nether rack around it blown out by ghasts.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:47 pm
★★★★

dont know why but the spawn warp isnt working. However, I created a path from the place where you warp in and the nether spawn point. Its marked with torches so its not perfect but it works for now.

Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]