View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 nick911438 removed 
★★★★

nick911438 has been removed from whitelist and banned for completely griefing the skylands track select station, stealing most of it, and then joking about it when asked. I rolled back his changes for the last 3 days.

I'll leave it to cartman to decide if this is temp or not, but my vote is perm.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:36 am
Site Admin

perm.

He's been warned before for griefing some of Pokecoops Auto weat farm.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:13 pm
★★★★

im really sorry for wrecking ur farm ill never destroy stuff that looks like other peoples stuff ever again.U might not ever let me back in again but im sorry. :(

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 pm
★★★★

Just to let you guys know, I'm on neither of your sides. If I had to pick, I wouldn't even know who's side to pick. I'd rather not get involved...

-Rebitaay :cool:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:22 pm
★★★★★

i'm sorry nick, but we told you before that greifing was bannable. i told you very clearly in-fact. the fact that you joked about it afterwards just means that, if we let you back on the server, you will greif again. we are not morons. we can tell that you are lieing through your teeth. i don't want to ever see you come back.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1634
A one-button grenade throwing script for Sven Co-op, made by me:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1646

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:31 pm
★★★★

Supercoke wrote:
i'm sorry nick, but we told you before that greifing was bannable. i told you very clearly in-fact. the fact that you joked about it afterwards just means that, if we let you back on the server, you will greif again. we are not morons

I agree... But I'm telling you, he didn't know any better. I swear to god when I say that if you let him back in he WILL NOT grief again. If he wants to smash something, i'll make sure he ASKS first. :D

Please cart, just give him one more chance :wink:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:34 pm
Site Admin

I already warned him once for when he griefed pokecoops auto wheat farm. By the way it sounds to me, there's a pretty good chance that it may happen again, so no I won't be unbanning him, sorry.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:05 pm
★★★★

Well thanks for at least considering it. I know that he did wrong things, and we all do, but always make sure to look into it like you always do. Thanks for the consideration :)

-Rebitaay :cool:

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:36 pm
★★★★

Sorry I failed to provide a screen shot, when I'm at work I can't access any file hosting / image hosting sites. For future reference I will take screen shots showing the BB log, and update from home.

In the case of Nick, it's quite simple, he did it a few times, knew he wasn't allowed, and did it again. When it comes to my personal stuff it's annoying yes, but whatever. But when someone destroys, for no reason, something built for the entire server, that's just too much. If someone is willing to grief something that used and in the open (and immediately detectable) what else have they in fact griefed? Nick damaged that track on the 18th, and apparently pokecoops farm on the same day. Nick was on the server for awhile, so who's to say he didn't grief other stuff, before the 18th, that we didn't notice yet? And if it's about items, well, I've been more than friendly when it comes to helping out, which is coming to an abrupt end as well. Something as simple as stealing someones sign shows an utter lack of respect, and with the epic stuff on this server, it's a risk I don't think we should be willing to take. And heck, I'm just a guy who's been here for not even a year, imagine what cartman and the users from the start would think about their stuff being destroyed. I, for one, will be protecting it all. Every single block. And that means, you guys get the shaft. Want obsidian? Have to get me to do it. Want cobblestone? ditto, farm? HA, shrooms? Not happening. And now I'll have to protect the darn track station at skylands, who knows how that will work out.

I do my best to keep any eye on people, I'm using watching the dynamic map even if I'm not on the server. If I notice someone spending time near other peoples stuff, I'll TP to them and try to keep an eye on them. The problem is, that is distracting for both me as a player, and the other user. People apply, we add to the white list. That's your first and only chance in my opinion. There are an infinite number of servers to play on, you happened to screw yourself out of one of the best, tough ta ta.

The only suggestion I can offer for the future is maybe clearly explain what "griefing" is on our server with signs at spawn. Sure, people obviously fail to read them, but whatever.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:08 am
Site Admin

There's very limited sign space for the signs at spawn, have to keep things short to not have more then a dozen signs. there's a more complete list of rules here.

The usefulness of the thread has pretty much come to an end so it has been locked.

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:41 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]