View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 >:@ 
★★★★

Post >:@
Im pissed because i crash so many times in sven its anoying!!!! IT seems like its getting worse and worse evreyday! I crashed alteast 10 15 times a day @<! I NEED HELP!

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:02 am
★★★★

it's a little complicated but......

Q: The game crashes after a few seconds / probable sound problem / sound card crashes / fmod.dll error
A1: Go to Options -> Sounds and disable the EAX support in the game. If you use software for EAX (like Creative ALchemy), remove Half-Life/SvenCo-op from the list.
A2: Change your hardware acceleration for the soundcard to a lower setting and try again. Windows Control Panel -> Sound
A3: Make sure your sound card drivers are up to date.

Q: Game hangs/crashes on "Parsing Game Info"
A1: To into Options -> Video and change the mode to D3D or Software, select a lower resolution than your default and tag "Run in a window". Hit "Apply". Now join a game and go back into Options -> Video and change it back to OpenGL and your default resolution. Untag "Run in a Window" and hit "Apply". You only need to do this procedure once and you should be able to join all servers now. For some users it works the other way around. First to OpenGL, then back to D3D.
A2: Create your own listen server first, then disconnect. After that you should be able to join any other server, but you'll have to redo these steps whenever you quit Sven Co-op entirely.
A3: Make sure Svencoop has been unblocked from the Windows Firewall. If SvenCo-op locks up, press ALT+TAB and look for the Winodows Firewall window and allow SC to make connection to the internet.

..........those 2 from sven coop website, if doing those don't work just wait till beta 2 they're working on it.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:29 am
★★★★

or how aobut this:
before you join a server, in the console, type "cl_allowdownload 1" and "cl_allowupload 1" or if you do it ingame, just rejoin after you type it.
what this does is it downloads the "auto_soundslist" btw, this is how people are crashing because they don't have it but I am sure they will add it in SC4 beta 2.
this does not stay though, everytime you leave the game, you have to type it again when you rejoin.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:00 pm
★★★★

I tried those things, didnt work I tried evreything I was told to do ad they didnt work! Please someone help! Im to the point where I cant even play sven because i crash so much!

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:29 pm
★★★★★

delete everything in your steam folder
EXCEPT
steam.exe and the steamapps folder
then start steam from the steam.exe
then reinstalle hl

Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]