View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Hl1 Mod anyone? 
★★★★

Well....ive seen so many HL1 mods that id like to make one myself, theres just a couple question id like to ask.

1.I'm going to make it an RPG style mod where you live a life of one person, simple as that BUT I would like the player to interact with the NPCs in the game like talk to them, see hows there day goin? How would I code that?

2.The weapons selection is going to be a wide variety of selection, I would like to know how to script new weapons into Goldsource?

3.Link to some tutorial sites for mapping? (TWHL only has a few...)

4.I can simply use my mic to record voices for the people.......if it was not broken I would just like to know how to fix it

5.How would I set evreything up for Steam? Setup config,userconfig,etc?

Any help is highly appreciated, BTW this is a 1 man team im just making it also im gonna try and make this mod come to life so dont expect it to be DEAD

Fri May 22, 2009 9:30 pm
Site Admin

1 and 2, you going to have to learn some c++ coding, the weapons have to be coded in, the "dialog" stuff you might be able to do with scripted stuff in a map. < for mission like stuff that would span a map or 2, you would have to script it to work across multiple maps, like the scripted stuff in the blast pit level of hl.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Fri May 22, 2009 9:57 pm
★★★★

I do know how to make it happen in one map and alter something in another the entity is called "env_global" I have yet to use it and don't know much about it but I know thats what you use. And as for the C++ coding im pretty sure there might be a book at Borders about C++ coding, hopefully I will read and learn from that. But I really do see this mod coming along :)

Fri May 22, 2009 10:06 pm
★★★★★

talk with people over at master sword continued forums. you should find programers and scripters that are good

Sat May 23, 2009 7:26 am
★★★★

Thanks for the help dude, ill get to work on the basics of the mod right now, main charectar, what time period,etc. But dude, its a 1 man team, im just doing it all by my self

Sat May 23, 2009 9:58 am
★★★★

*Update*

ive decided to add MP and SP, while the MP and SP will be a little different youl still be in same time, palce,etc.

Also, ive named the main charectar 'Michal HellBack" and you live in bellvue, washington (idk why washington)

Sat May 23, 2009 3:21 pm
★★★★

*UPDATE*

Ive gotten alot of stuff for the mod, I googled "How to create an Hl1 mod" and found a site that linked me to another site with tuts on HL1 mod making, learned jsut a little bit about C++(Just a we little bit) found the half life 1 SDK so now I need to learn to model, create textures, script, make sounds,etc. Theres still alot to be done

Sat May 23, 2009 10:19 pm
Site Admin

it would take a very long time by your self, you really should try to get some other people to join together and make a dev team, that way you don't have to do "everything".

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Sat May 23, 2009 10:42 pm
★★★★

honestley, I work better by myself, yes yes I WOULD LOVE members who know C++, modeling, etc already and will be willing to join but I doubt I could find anyone available nor who would whant to do it.

Sun May 24, 2009 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]