View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Server crash before mapchange or rtv 
★★★★★

If you haven't noticed this yet well now is the time to tell you. Often when we do an Rtv then the map is changing with the tab menu up, the server crashes and it reloads the map. Same thing with a regular mapchange same sort of thing happens. I don't know if it is sven co-op it self, the map, or a mod conflicting with a map? But anyways i noticed that when the server crashed about half the people go elsewhere because they are to lazy to reconnect.. lol. I really don't know if you already noticed this if not then cool :D.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:49 pm
Site Admin

Some maps don't run properly with sc4 and will crash in map load, either all the time or some of the time and the server will go back to the last played map. The ones I know of currently that will always crash on map load are jbase1, sc_tombofdeath_v12_1 and case9. Some of the other maps that I know of that can sometimes crash in map load are, some of the hlsp maps and one or two of the they hunger maps. If you rtv on some series maps you have to wait for the rtv plugin to change the map(maps that use a trigger_changelevel for the next map instead of doing a game_end.), otherwise if you hit the end of the map it'll go to the next map in the series and not the one you voted for.

sc4 is in beta, it is a bit less stable then sc3 was and crashes up to twice as much as sc3.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:56 pm
★★★★★

Hmm alright thanks for clearing that up for me, now i wont assume it's not sven coop and its maps.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:06 pm
Site Admin

sc4 increased the number of things that are precached, and there is a precache limit of 512 items in hl, some maps were within a few of that limit in sc3 and they went over in sc4. Those first 3 maps are over the limit. it's possible to fix it, but I haven't really had the time to as it's a bit of a time consuming process.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:16 pm
★★★★★

hmm Seems like the sven coop team needs to get off their asses and get out of that beta. Anyways thanks for the information on why server crashes come often. I also understand the game_end thing.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:23 pm
Site Admin

Well they only have one coder and he hasn't been able to work on the mod very much lately, he's been changing jobs and the new one sucked up a bit of his time.

The precache thing is something the sc team can't fix, they can only provide a work around for it, which they have already done in sc4. Valve are the ones that can up the precache limit, but it's somewhat unlikely that they'll actually do that.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:04 pm
★★★★

Dominic wrote:
hmm Seems like the sven coop team needs to get off their asses and get out of that beta. Anyways thanks for the information on why server crashes come often. I also understand the game_end thing.

That and so I can get my damn eletric crowbar and guilded uzi it r taking 4ever

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:37 pm
Site Admin

lol, some people had to wait for 4-5 years to get the doner features, I had to wait for a little over half a year to get it.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:56 pm
★★★★

are you kidding me??? :( :( :( i didn't pay $10 to wait 400000000 years to use them

Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:58 pm
Site Admin

nope. For those that donated right after the release of sc3 which was at the end of '03 had to wait that long to get it.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]