View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Higher Level Players 
★★★★

I don't want to name specific players, but a huge number of high-level players constantly go ahead of the rest of the players or skip entire sections and race to the end of the level before other, newer, players are able to find where to go. I find this really discouraging, especially when I've tried to show a few friends to the server and some person level 400+ just skips through the level and leaves us nothing to kill or do, the only time we can ever catch up with them is when they actually need a 2nd player to open a door or something. Could admins please monitor this before and try to minimize it? Thank you.

Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:17 pm
Site Admin

One of the downsides to xp mod, it would be somewhat easy for high level players to go ahead of everyone else. Other then that there maybe some bugs on some maps that allow people to go ahead of other people, play the map out of order, I've fixed some of those maps that are fixable through ripenting, but some of them aren't really fixable like the one on the second infested map.

In order to really "minimize" it you would have to reduce the effect of the skills(health, armor, all of the regens and anti grav.) so higher level players would have a harder time to go through a level quickly and ahead of other players.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:38 pm
★★★★

It seems there isn't really a solution unless the players take it upon themselves to not go ahead

Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:41 pm
Site Admin

Technically people would be considered rushing if they are rushing past areas not killing anything, there's an area in classic some people rush, getting through that part in like 5 seconds flat without killing anything there, but if people take the time to kill things in an area it's not really considered rushing. Rushing past areas without killing anything can cause higher load on the server since there would be more active npc's on the map.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:27 pm
★★★★★

As an admin I DO try to minimize this while on the server, I don't like rushers... Most I can do is warn them not to though really...

Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:15 pm
★★★★★

cartman do like, and i can't believe i'm saying this, COD and put in some sort of prestige thing, where once you get to a really high level you lose all of them and you have to restart, that'd be cool
espcially if you cap it at like lvl 600 or something, excluding admins, i don't know
seeing high lvl players really would discourage me from having fun playing the maps, which is one of the reasons why i stopped playing
so restarting the lvls would really make me wanna come back

Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]