View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Requesting maps 
Site Admin

If you don't see a map or map series on my maps list post you can request to have it put onto the server.

Some rules for requesting maps.

• Post a description of the map /or map series.
  • A couple screenshots of the map(s) would be nice, but not required.
  • A link to the map pack(you can attach the map to the post if it's small enough, less then 1MB.).
  • Single map packs or packs that have a single series are preferred over large map packs since it will be easier for me to setup client Downloads correctly for these maps.
  • And it's not a map that is designed to be an easily xp whoreable map. the xp rate of these type of maps can be reduced and maps with high frag score entities won't work on my server.

If they work correctly and aren't very big they should be put onto the server within a day of me seeing your post. for really big maps, something like the size of re1, it might take a couple days to get the map onto the server, since I have to make sure the my fastDL is setup correctly and the DL for the client is working correctly.

For the this point in time I'm going to lay off on adding fun type maps to the server, even though the ratio of fun maps to normal maps isn't very high, the fun maps seem to be played a lot more then the normal maps, some players on my server have a low tolerance for these type of maps, I myself get bored of them after the first few play throughs of the map. Some maps, like crazymaze, even one play through was enough for me to dislike the map. I'll add some more fun maps after we get more normal maps on the server.

[ Steam group for my SC game servers. - Cartman-2000's image host ]

Last edited by cartman-2000 on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

changing the submission rules for maps.

Sat May 17, 2008 12:08 am
★★★★

i think you should bring stadium3 back because its a good and non-linear map that you can be at least a little like and admin in the sense of spawning monsters.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:07 pm
Site Admin

The reason why I took that map off is that it's too unstable and it's voted for to much, it has a crash rate of at least 30-40% or higher.

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:29 am
★★★★

oh then nvm i just liked the map but unstable is BAD no really its bad so kepp it off plz.:|

Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:18 pm
★★★★

Can we have the half life storyline maps?

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:30 am
Site Admin

there already on the server, you vote for hl_sp_portal to go to the SP... hl_sp_portal is a map to chose which part of the SP to go to.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:48 am
★★★★

oh ok ty, will remember that next time im on the server.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:33 am
Site Admin

the only thing about the sp is that it's a bit buggy, and it'll crash the server at least once most likely going through it. the other problem is that the test chamber maps, and the nihilanth battle is laggy.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:07 pm
★★★★

Can you put on the escape2 series?
http://svencoopcentral.com/download.php?view.499

Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:51 pm
Site Admin

In the process of doing that, setting up correct dl for the maps and ripenting to fix some of the bugs with the sound files. It'll be one of the biggest map series in terms of how much there is to DL, even though there are fewer files in this series, it's larger then reco. Escape 2 is nearly, with everything, 100mb in size where reco is around 80-90MB in size.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:30 am
★★★★

you can add the map CRAZYMAZE :?: :) this is the Description

Welcome to the crazy maze!!! You and your team have to get the end of the labyrinth to access the control room! Inside it you will find 10 buttons that do things to either help or harm players in the maze. Besides the maze, there is a disco club, bar, and a secret or two.

Buttons in the control room:

Crusher : A giant crusher lifts down to splat all players who are in the maze. You have to wait 3 minutes before using this button again.
Light : Switch on/off the lights in the maze.
Way : Show/hide the way of the maze.
Water : Players in the maze will drown. You have to wait 3 minutes before using this button again.
Spawn a Shock Roach : Spawn a Shock Roach at one of five places choose by a random device. You have to wait 2 minutes before using this button again.
Random Side Walls : When a player push this button, a random side wall will push the players out of the maze (splat).
Flashbang : Launch a flashbang into the maze.
Friction : Make the tiles of the maze slippery.
Random Hurt/Heal : It randomly chooses between hurting or healing the players who are in the maze. You have to wait 1 minute before using this button again.
Earthquake : You feel the floor shaking and rocks fall from the ceiling to crush people. :D

http://scmapdb.wikidot.com/map:crazy-maze

ps : we can download maps from sven co-op database :bounce: :D

Attachments:
File comment: the second pic
sven co-op SC 1.jpg
sven co-op SC 1.jpg [ 1.3 KiB | Viewed 14573 times ]
File comment: a pic
crazy maze SC.jpg
crazy maze SC.jpg [ 1.3 KiB | Viewed 14571 times ]
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
★★★★★

I was not exactly sure where to post this but here goes.

Downloading the Swars series from the server seems to take ages... I request that you add this map to the downloads page on the main site, Thanks.

Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:27 pm
★★★★

blastergame wrote:
you can add the map CRAZYMAZE :?: :) this is the Description

Welcome to the crazy maze!!! You and your team have to get the end of the labyrinth to access the control room! Inside it you will find 10 buttons that do things to either help or harm players in the maze. Besides the maze, there is a disco club, bar, and a secret or two.

Buttons in the control room:

Crusher : A giant crusher lifts down to splat all players who are in the maze. You have to wait 3 minutes before using this button again.
Light : Switch on/off the lights in the maze.
Way : Show/hide the way of the maze.
Water : Players in the maze will drown. You have to wait 3 minutes before using this button again.
Spawn a Shock Roach : Spawn a Shock Roach at one of five places choose by a random device. You have to wait 2 minutes before using this button again.
Random Side Walls : When a player push this button, a random side wall will push the players out of the maze (splat).
Flashbang : Launch a flashbang into the maze.
Friction : Make the tiles of the maze slippery.
Random Hurt/Heal : It randomly chooses between hurting or healing the players who are in the maze. You have to wait 1 minute before using this button again.
Earthquake : You feel the floor shaking and rocks fall from the ceiling to crush people. :D

http://scmapdb.wikidot.com/map:crazy-maze

ps : we can download maps from sven co-op database :bounce: :D

I think he regrets listening to you

Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:25 pm
Site Admin

if any of the fun maps were to be removed that map would probably be the first to go. it's just a bad map, the way it's designed just calls for players abusing other players.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:00 pm
★★★★

Yeah, it was fun untill i memorized the map and the 2 secrets. and Dragon heart is a complete douche on it

Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next